At Cambridge Mobile Telematics, we believe that the user experience is essential for a successful mobile telematics program. We found that even after 200 days of usage, the average user still shows a reduction of more than 25% in both phone use and hard braking, and the best 25% of drivers still show a 2x reduction in braking and a 3x reduction in phone use.
Dynamic content and competitive features are key components to increasing app usage. DriveWell engages users through in-app gamification such as leaderboards, achievements, and social media integration, in addition to compelling trip feedback and intuitive event scoring.
- The leaderboards encourages users to challenge friends, colleagues, and family members, and compete for top rankings in the app
- Enhanced trip information offers full-screen maps and star ratings for each drive
- Achievement badges and/or rewards for top-rated drives nudge drivers to change unsafe behaviors in an engaging way
- Through push notifications and in-app messaging, speak directly with your user encouraging them to drive safer, take advantage of promotions, and invite friends
- Social features allow users to share their scores and achievements and to interact with other drivers in a unique way